Starting Over, But Not From Scratch

I've been told I clean up nicely, but I wear a wife-beater everyday. Hopefully my truth is more fashion forward.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land, Earth

Sunday, March 22, 2009

More Cool Booklearnin!!

One of my interests is Philanthropy. I've decided to bone up on the philanthropic marketplace, Get a mastery of key fundraising techniques and gain some comprehensive management skills (to get one of these gigs: Grants Program Manager, Director of Development, Donor Response Manager, Director of Fundraising, Director of Marketing Research, Director of Public Relations, Annual Giving Officer, any position in Planned Giving.)

I'll need two big skillsets: the essential tools of fundraising management and non profit administration. To get there I'll start with (1) the fundamentals of fundraising, (2) Major Gifts (3) Planned Giving (4) annual campaigns (5) Grants (6) Research for fundraising. Then onto Non Profit Administration information (1) marketing for non profits (2) non profit management (3) quantinative techniques for policy making and administration.

Doesn't that all sound like fun?

Another goal is to narrow down the amount of areas that interest me in order to focus. My interest list is Hella long:
  1. African Amercan/blacks
  2. Agriculture and food
  3. Arts and Culture
  4. Youth/Children
  5. Civil and Human Rights
  6. Civil Society
  7. Community Improvement/Development
  8. Disabilities
  9. Education
  10. Elementary and Secondary Education
  11. Environment
  12. Higher Education
  13. Human Services
  14. International Affairs/Development
  15. Journalism Media
  16. Minorities
  17. Public Affairs
  18. Philanthropy and Volunteerism
  19. Social Science
  20. Women

To that end I found a couple great online resouces to get started on my little crusade, The Foundation Center.

I'm off to the races. Wish me luck, I'll be posting what I learn :-P

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home