Starting Over, But Not From Scratch

I've been told I clean up nicely, but I wear a wife-beater everyday. Hopefully my truth is more fashion forward.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land, Earth

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm tired of being slow on the uptake... I'ma start learning

DABBLE INTO POLITICAL SCIENCE

note: Among political scientists there is great disagreement about what the field's core questions are and how best to study them. It's typically introduced to through sub-fields (American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Politics, or Political Theory.) I'm going to stretch my muscle-- think analytically about politics, and the different ways of understanding it.

First Let's consider the way people think about politics. Then, how are political organizations constructed. Next let's look at teh citizen vis-a-vis the state. And finish of with a gander at international relationships.

To to that end let's read the New Yourk Times and the local paper every day. Check out some readings from basic college texts and articles, ann of course respond to them here. :-P

Because this is a self-study deal, I hope my blog entries provide a way to formulate thoughts about specific theories, to raise questions, to ask for clarification, and to make connections among ideas presented by smart people.

Wish me luck!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home