Starting Over, But Not From Scratch

I've been told I clean up nicely, but I wear a wife-beater everyday. Hopefully my truth is more fashion forward.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Land, Earth

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Trying to understand the Right. I KNOW, but we have to try

 Okay, so I'm watching a South African Felon talk about his early days.  His name is Welcome.

The streets raised him. Gangs usurped, pushing parents' or family influences way down. Before discussing parents or family. He made it clear, the streets taught him to reject school. He was encouraged to "not be naïve." Education was a weapon to subdue him; a brainwashing tool to make him weak.  Rejecting school and education was a way to bond him to his gang. Those who did well in school were laughed at and ridiculed. It simply held no value.

True value was in hustling, getting over. That gave you relevance. People would see you in the on the corner doing your thing  and would respect you.  Not hiding inside reading, or wearing some school uniform.

If you choose education over loyalty, feeding your family, running the streets and protecting the corner, you failed as a man

Education was a weapon, not a tool of liberation.

It took him years to unlearn.


Methinks this may give insight on MAGA- folk.


Stay with me on the journey. I refuse to simply reject these people out of hand. They are too damn dangerous.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home